Predictive Analyst and Architect Intern
General Biodiesel’s mission is to produce high quality biodiesel fuel from sustainable sources,
such as used cooking oil, while providing strong returns to stakeholders, taking care of
our customers and employees, and contributing to local economies. General Biodiesel is a
young and rapidly growing company. Job responsibilities are ever-shifting, ever-growing, and
performance expectations increase steadily over time. We manage this growth by regularly
eliminating unnecessary procedures and using tools to become more productive. General
Biodiesel has a dynamic environment where personal and professional growth is supported and
The Predictive Analyst and Architect Intern is a part time summer internship. He/she will work
closely with management to formulate tools and database architecture to support accurate
predicative analytics. He/she will use predictive analytics to assess the quantity of Used
Cooking Oil (UCO) available at each client. He/she will also analyze and improve optimized
routing. He/she will streamline existing database architecture in capturing, maintaining, and
analyzing client data.
The ideal intern possesses excellent communication and analytical skills. He/she must report
accurately and efficiently.
• Use predictive analysis to assess the quantity of Used Cooking Oil (UCO) at each client
and optimize routes
• Improve predictive tools and database architecture
• Experience with Predictive Analytic tools
• Strong math aptitude with good reasoning and analytical skills
• The ability to explain complex concepts in layman’s terms for easy understanding
• Maturity to ask for help when needed
• Must have great attention to detail
• Must be able to multi-task and work independently
Salary/Wage is depending on experience.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
MBA Student Internship
In order for your application to be considered, applicants must send to
General Biodiesel produces low-carbon non-toxic biodiesel from used cooking oil
and other organic oils. The executive team is considering offering an internship/
independent study to a highly motivated, articulate, MBA-student.
This internship is located in Seattle’s Georgetown area and will be involved with operations
research, business development research for potential products, and/or financial analysis.
Position will be for the Summer of 2013. This is currently an unpaid internship.
The executive team is committed to providing a productive learning opportunity. Collectively
we have experience at Goldman Sachs, Amazon, national fuel distributors, Texas oil fields,
UPS, and technology manufacturing. We believe that a successful internship will lead to
significant changes to our operations and measurable improvement to results. An Intern will
be expected to not only develop a proposal but drive the proposal to implementation. The
company is scaling up rapidly and these will be critical projects to allow us to expand
smoothly. We believe that these projects would serve as the basis for outstanding academic
papers or resume-building for energy and manufacturing careers.
Projects may include:
Develop costing model to optimize truck routing and tank sizing.
Develop an inventory management (and a hedging strategy) for raw material purchasing.
Develop a robust fixed asset tracking methodology.
Assist compiling a management dashboard from available metrics and development of
Assist in the market analysis for proposed new products.
Must be an MBA student in good standing
Prefer a strong background in manufacturing or managerial accounting
Excellent research and analytical skills
Work days will be Monday through Friday
Please send a resume and brief cover letter outlining your capabilities to contribute to
Reference MBA Summer Internship
General Biodiesel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Account Representative - Outside Sales (Southwest Washington)
6333 1st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98108
Account Representative is a full-time outside sales position with daytime travel. This position’s territory covers the greater Southwest Washington area including Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR. Under the guidance of the Recycling Operations VP, this individual identifies and contacts local food service establishments that create used cooking oil (UCO) as a waste, tells them our story, and contracts with them for us to fulfill their UCO collection and recycling needs.
• Must be high energy and display a willingness to learn.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Must provide own transportation.
• Must have proof of car insurance.
• Ability and willingness to travel (mileage expense is reimbursed).
• Must be able to attend every training session (in person) and meeting (in person or call in) held at our meeting facilities.
• Develop and maintain close relations with local business community in order to fulfill clients’ needs more effectively.
• Deepen existing client relationships and generate incremental volume collected each month.
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Must be well organized.
• Excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people.
• Professional appearance and persona.
• Work needed hours, especially under tight deadlines.
• Must be able to handle pressure well.
• Previous Account Executive experience.
• Knowledge of food service industry.
• Experience in a sales-driven environment.
Full time; work schedule to be discussed at the interview.
Salary/Wage is depending on experience plus benefits.